Tuesday, September 23, 2008

There's only one!

Only one baby in there, looking very healthy and heart beating strongly. My estimated due date is 6th May 2009. I'm relieved it's not twins. Our car isn't big enough for 3 carseats, our house isn't big enough for 3 small children, and I'm pretty sure I don't have the calm and ever-patient temperament to be a mum of twins. There was always a chance when we had 2 embryos transferred with the IVF cycle, but it's worked out for the best. We still have 7 embryos frozen, which we will use when we're ready to start thinking about #3.

So one it is. 17mm long. Measuring 8weeks 2 days, which is 2-3 days ahead. I'm not sure how accurate the dating is at this age, but I'm hoping I'm not going to have another monster baby like Jambin was - 4860g, or 10lbs 11 and a half oz. I'm trying for a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean), and I would prefer not to be squeezing out an 11-pounder.

1 comment:

Diminishing Lucy said...

Phew. And whilst I am sure you COULD cope with twins, a relief that it is only one. Well done sugar! xx