Today, whilst keeping a toddle creatively engaged and a newborn happily breastfed, I achieved the following domestic and not-so-domestic tasks:
- baked cinnamon and brown sugar scrolls. Jambin didn't like them, so I ate the lot!
- took a nap with Darcy snuggled up in the crook of my arm. She was wearing the sleeping bag that belonged to Jambin when he was younger.
- picked up sequins from the floor and under the couch cushions. These were hidden in an art/craft box which I had cunningly hidden at the back of the top shelf of one of Jambin's wardrobes. Thet should not have been reachable by a 27 month old small boy, not even when said boy dragged a chair into his bedroom to investigate what exciting things were on the upper shelves while I was taking a nap.
- read the meeting minutes from my church playgroup committee
- finished knitting a milo vest for Darcy (another post to follow with pics)
- went grocery shopping for dinner ingredients after Gareth arrived home from work. This child-free excursion reminded me how easy grocery shopping is without 2 children in tow.