Sunday, August 3, 2008

Savoury Muffins

I made a batch of these today, and they've already been demolished by Gareth, Jambin and myself. I've adapted this from a zucchini slice recipe given to me by Deb, a friend in my mum's group. It's super easy, yummy, and can be easily adapted to use up any leftover veges in the fridge.

Ingredients

* 2 carrots, grated and excess liquid removed

* 1 zucchini, grated and excess liquid removed

* Kernals from 1 corn cob (or 2 handfuls frozen corn kernals)

* 1 onion

* 6 eggs

½ cup oil

1 cup self-raising flour

1 cup grated cheese

4 bacon rashers (optional)

Salt and pepper to taste

Method

Mix all ingredients together, no need to sift the flour.

Place spoonfuls into greased muffin tray. They don't rise much during cooking, so fill the muffin cup nearly to the top. Try using mini-,muffin trays to make small ones for toddlers - my son loves these.

Bake in a moderate oven for approximately 25 mins.

Eat warm or cool - they're yummy either way


Ingredients with an asterix (*) beside them came out of my Food Connect box.

No comments: