Thursday, May 29, 2008

Baking Bread


I've been baking a lot of bread lately, from scratch and using my own two hands, not a bread machine. There is something so very cathartic about kneading yeasty dough which will eventually become warm, fragrant food for my family. It seems like such an indulgence to take the time to make something that can so easily be bought, but there must be some benefit to eating food that has been made by hand, not machine.

The recipe I'm using is from Nigella Lawson's How To Be A Domestic Goddess cookbook. I love this book. It's everything I am striving to be.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Diminishing Lucy said...

Love your bread. Have you read any of Kerry Greenwoods Corinna Chapman books? Earthly Delights....
"Baking is an alchemical process for Corinna Chapman. At four am she starts work at Earthly Delights, her bakery in Calico Alley." Lucy xx